Application Form For Permission To Go Abroad : Visa Guide

Are you looking for permission to go abroad? Then you need to fill out an application form. In this visa guide, we will show you how to apply for a tourist visa to visit another country.

There are two types of visas available for tourists visiting other countries. A Tourist Visa allows you to stay in a foreign country for up to 90 days. An Entry Visa allows you to enter a foreign country for up 30 days.

The difference between the two visas is important because each type has different requirements.

Application Form For Permission To Go Abroad

What is a Tourist Visa?

A Tourist Visa allows you to visit a foreign country for up to 90 days. You can also apply for a Tourist Visa if you plan on entering a country for 30 days.

To be eligible for a Tourist Visa, you need to be 18 years of age or older and hold a valid passport that is not expired.

Tourist Visas are generally easier to get than Entry Visas but the process is more complicated than applying for an Entry Visa. As such, it is best suited for people who have time to spare overseas and do not require other types of visas.

What is an Entry Visa?

An Entry Visa is a short-term visa that allows you to enter a foreign country for up to 30 days. This type of visa is often required when going on a single adventure, like mountain climbing or taking part in an event abroad.

To apply for an Entry Visa, you will need to fill out the following form:

  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Reason for Application (please list the country and events you are attending)
  • Country of Residence (Home Country)
  • Arrival Date (when would you be arriving in the foreign country?)
  • Departure Date (when do you expect to depart from the foreign country?)
  • Passport Number
  • Passport Issuing Country/Place of Issue
  • Address of your Home Country’s Embassy/Consulate in Foreign Country

Requirements for Tourist Visas

Tourist Visas are often easier to obtain, but they are usually limited to 90 days. In order to apply for a Tourist Visa you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be of Legal Age.
  • Have a valid passport
  • Be able to prove sufficient funds for your time abroad
  • Show proof that you have booked accommodations in the country you plan on visiting
  • Provide evidence of return flights home or have obtained a visa for an onward destination.
  • Please include any other information the country you will be visiting may require.”

Requirements for Entry Visas

  • Have a valid passport to enter the country.
  • Have adequate funds to cover the cost of your visit and living expenses while you are abroad (for at least every 30 days).
  • Have a return air ticket or proof of sufficient funds for purchase of a return air ticket.
  • Be in good health and not have any communicable disease.

The Difference between Entry and Tourist Visas

The difference between the two visas is important because each type has different requirements.

Entry Visas are only issued if you have a sponsor in that country. This sponsor could be your employer or relatives in that country, as long as they can prove they have the financial capacity to take care of you while you’re there.

You must also prove that you will not stay longer then permitted, and will return to your home country after the visa expires.

Tourist Visas do not require a sponsor and are available for people of all nationalities.

Tourist visas can typically be renewed for up to three months at a time, but each renewal requires payment of fees and documents proving that you are still qualified to be in the foreign country.

Tourist Visas

Tourist visas are issued to people who wish to travel to a country for recreational, holiday, or business purposes.

Entry Visas

Entry visas are issued to people who are not citizens of the country and wish to visit for a limited period for business, personal, or other legitimate purposes.


In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed reading our guide to applying for permission to go abroad. We know that completing this form takes a lot of work, but it will save you a lot of hassle when you apply for your visa. So, good luck!

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)


What is a consent letter?

The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them.

Can I have a consent letter for my child?

We strongly recommend that Canadian children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group.

What are the rules for international travel?

Carrying a consent letter does not guarantee that children will be allowed to enter or leave a country, as every country has its own entry and exit requirements.

Who can sign the letter?

We recommend that the letter be signed by every non-accompanying person or organization with the legal right to make major decisions for the child, including anyone with: custody rights, guardianship rights, or parental authority (in Quebec only) We also recommend that the letter be signed by any non-accompanying parent who has access to the child.

How do I write a consent letter?

Before writing a consent letter, read the instructions on this page and the Consent Letter FAQ We encourage you to use our interactive form to write a consent letter that fits your specific situation.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here